How do you make an envelope pillow cover with one piece of fabric?
- Wash the fabric.
- Cut the fabric to pillow size.
- Create a double-fold hem on smaller ends of cut fabric.
- Overlap the fabric to give you the size of the pillow form, pin, and sew a 1/2″ seam.
- Trim corners then turn fabric right side out. Then insert the pillow form into the pillow cover and enjoy!
What are the other techniques that you used in making the pillowcase?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
How do you decorate a plain pillow?
Fortunately, it is possible to decorate plain pillows.
Fill designs on your pillow with buttons for a rustic-chic look.
- Use different shades of the same color (i.e. light pink, medium pink, and dark pink) for more contrast.
- Use buttons that are different sizes for a more varied look.
How do you dress a plain pillow?
Burlap rosettes are an easy and inexpensive way to dress up a plain throw pillow. You can make one large rosette or add several small ones. I made 3 rosettes in different sizes and attached them with hot glue. If you’re not a fan of burlap, felt works too.