What string do you use for bead garland?
Cut the jute twine the desired length for the garland and knot on one end, leaving a few inches excess on both ends. Begin stringing the wood beads in the desired pattern. When all the beads are on the garland, tie a knot to secure. Begin to create the tassel by wrapping around your hand about X times.
How do you display bead garland?
How To Use Wooden Beads As Decor
- Layer them on vases to display on a mantel.
- Lay it across stacks of books on a tray.
- String it like a garland across your mantel.
- Hang them from the ceiling.
How do you make bead tassels?
To create your tassels:
- Wrap twine around your palm 20- 25 times.
- Wrap another piece of twine around one end of the loops you just made about 10 times. …
- Cut all the loops on the opposite end to make a tassel.
- Open the tied off end and slip the end of your beaded length through the center. …
- Repeat on the other end.
How do you stain unfinished wood beads?
- prepare the color stain. Pour the color stain paint into a tall plastic cup up to the first line on the cup, or about 1/4 of the way full.
- add water. Add an equal amount of water to the cup and mix thoroughly.
- dye the beads. …
- allow the beads to sit. …
- remove the beads to dry. …
- repeat the process.
How long should bead garland be?
Cut your String to the Length you Want.
Mine is about 26 inches long not including the tassels and it has 27 beads on it. You’ll want to cut it longer than your final length by about 10 inches or so. And yours will differ based on which farmhouse beads you use or how many.
How do you make a string garland tassel?
- Start with a standard skein of embroidery floss.
- Cut off about 10 inches of floss and set aside.
- Fold the skein in half. …
- Wrap the 10 inch piece of floss around the folded skein about a half inch from the top.
- Tie in a double knot and trim the tails. …
- Cut through the loop at the bottom.
What kind of thread do you use for tassels?
Use thinner fibers, such as silk or cotton embroidery floss, for smaller tassels. Embroidery floss can look relaxed or refined, depending on where the tassel is used. Be sure to choose a washable fiber such as cotton if you plan to attach tassels to items you’ll need to launder.