Want to know something super cool? Sew Many Pins has been nominated for the Liebster Award 2018. I started this blog back in November with very little knowledge of what I was doing. It has been such an eye-opening few months and I have grown to love blogging more than I had ever imagined! One truly unique aspect of blogging is getting to meet wonderful and supportive bloggers out there. They are amazing! I never thought I would meet so many people willing to help a newbie like me. So how cool is it to be nominated by a fellow blogger for the Liebster Award 2018? I am beyond excited!
I must say THANK YOU to Alyssa from Miss Reminisce for nominating me! If you grew up in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, and want to be reminded of all the Totally Awesome things from your childhood, then Miss Reminisce is the blog for you! It is the perfect walk down memory lane and it will remind you of how cool it was to be a kid during that time. You definitely need to check it out! Click here to learn more.
So, what exactly is the Liebster Award? According to the website, it is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It’s a way for bloggers to grow their audiences and feature other talented bloggers. I cannot help but be honored to receive this award! Click here to learn more about the award.
Why Am I Passionate about Blogging
For years I have LOVED Pinterest and was drawn to everything crafty (especially the sewing tutorials) I was finding. Not knowing how to sew is a minor challenge, but I was amazed that people could create so many beautiful things, so I had to try it on my own.
I received a sewing machine for Christmas and I began teaching myself how to sew by using the tutorials and blog posts I pinned on Pinterest. If I saw something I wanted to make, I tried it. If I found the directions to be confusing, I found other pins to help me where I was stuck. As a beginner, I thought it would be cool to share the pins I have found most helpful and show my own completed pieces. I want Sew Many Pins to be a great resource for beginners. Inspiring and guiding moms on how to find the best deals on beautiful clothes for their families as well as how to make inexpensive (beginner friendly) sewn versions of similar styles is the overall goal of Sew Many Pins. No Pinterest Fails Allowed!
Before I became a stay-at-home mom, I was a teacher. I love and miss the classroom very much, but being home with my girls is such a blessing to me. This blog gives me the opportunity to be creative and also teach again. I get to practice a skill that I am passionate about AND share that passion with others. What could be better?
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- My husband and I were told it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant. It took us three years to have our first daughter. Then, the next two girls were complete surprises! God is good!
- Shopping is therapeutic for me and I can spend hours searching for the best bargains out there!
- Swedish Fish are my favorite candy.
- I’m left-handed, but I do a lot of things right-handed (bowling, swinging a bat, and cutting with scissors).
- I am an only child, but never really felt like one. I have a very large amount of aunts, uncles, and cousins that were like my brothers and sisters to me growing up.
- HGTV is my favorite channel and cannot wait to move out of our 12-year “starter home” and into our nonexistent and unrealistic dream home I created in my head thanks to all the shows I have watched.
- I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was 20 years old and last year my middle child was also diagnosed at 3-years old.
- Attending musicals is one of my favorite hobbies and every time I see a show I end up crying uncontrollably. The talents of the actors and actresses amaze me.
- Bats TERRIFY me!
- My favorite song is “One” by U2. My husband and I landed concert tickets to see U2 two separate times and both times I was unable to go.
QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED BY Miss Reminisce
- What is your biggest fear? Bats! yuck!
- What is one thing you miss most about being a kid? Sleepovers with my cousins.
- If you could trade jobs with one person for a day, who would it be? Joanna Gaines: I want to see how she is able to juggle so much! I feel like there is a lot to learn from her.
- Favorite thing about your blog? How it is a place to share ideas, yet learn so much in the process.
- If you could only use one word to describe your blog, what would it be? Welcoming (I hope)
- *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys? NSYNC
- What is one new skill set you would love to learn more about? Mommy Multitasking! HA!
- What do you do to relax at the end of the day? Watching a show with my husband or reading a book. Most nights are for working on my blog because that is the only uninterrupted time I have throughout the day.
- What is your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing (I will watch it any time it is on)
- What is the one thing that will forever be funny to you? I cannot tell you why, but this video makes me laugh so hard! https://youtu.be/U8vLgIG2iOY
MY NOMINEES ARE:
- Beauty of Selah
- All The F’s
- Heather Margiotta
- Petite Melanie
- Me, My Stomach, and I
- a helping of happiness
- Laugh a Little Louder
- Shine Your Life
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- What is a dream you have that you’ve yet to achieve?
- Which song would you select to listen to ‘on repeat’ if you were stuck in an elevator?
- What is one thing about you that surprises people?
- Which movie or TV show title best describes your life?
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
- What is a unique holiday tradition your family celebrates each year?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and who would you play?
- What would you choose if you were given an endless supply of food?
- What was the silliest way you have ever injured yourself?
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate between 5 and 11 other blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- List all of these rules in your post
- Inform your nominees that you have nominated them and provide a link to your post
- Head over to https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018 and leave a comment with your blog link
Comment below and let me know if you checked out any of the blogs from this post. Are there any blogs you feel deserve the award as well?