How do you cut a curtain pattern with a repeat?
Follow these steps in cutting out:
- Lay the fabric with the pattern at the top on a flat surface.
- Get the measurement of the length in the selvedge and put a pin.
- Measure the specific number of repeats then mark them using a pin.
- Cut the fabric at correct angles from each mark to the selvedge.
How do you attach curtain tape to a header?
Taking your curtain tape, tuck 1.5 to 2″ between the layers at one end and pin in place.
- Work your way along the crease, pulling your curtain fabric and curtain tape tight as you go, removing each pin and replacing it to attach the curtain tape. …
- Sew along the top of the curtain tape about quarter inch in from the edge.
Which way up does curtain tape go?
Turn and press a 6mm hem at the top of your curtain. Ensure that the tape is the correct way up – yellow line at the bottom, and that the hook pockets are facing you.
How do you make easy unlined curtains?
Making Unlined Curtains
- Cut the fabric to the required size, allowing 10cm (4″) for side hems and adding 20cm (8″) to the length for top and bottom hem allowances. …
- Turn in a double 2.5cm (1″) hem at each side and pin.
- Turn up a double 7.5cm (3″) hem at the lower edge and pin.
- Mitre both bottom corners.
Can I make my own curtains?
Making curtains is easy, but only if you know the basics
Curtains are almost all straight sewing, making them an easy project for beginners.