What is the flap on a pillowcase for?
This tutorial copies the pillowcase design that stores use. I studied 9 professionally made pillows to figure this out. Today, we’re making the envelope style in a standard size. “Envelope pillows” have an inner flap to hide your pillow insert. … It creates a super neat finish!
How do I keep my pillow from sliding?
Thread a belt, rope, strap or similar fastening into the open end of the pillow case and out through each hole and then flip the whole lot over and strap the pillowcase to the bed, then fill with a pillow.
How do you make a pillowcase without a cuff?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
How do you make an envelope pillow cover with one piece of fabric?
- Wash the fabric.
- Cut the fabric to pillow size.
- Create a double-fold hem on smaller ends of cut fabric.
- Overlap the fabric to give you the size of the pillow form, pin, and sew a 1/2″ seam.
- Trim corners then turn fabric right side out. Then insert the pillow form into the pillow cover and enjoy!