What are the steps in threading the upper part of the sewing machine?
To set up the upper thread for your machine, first place a spool of thread on your machine’s thread pin (also called a spool pin or spool holder). Thread through the thread guide. Pull the thread to the left of your machine and thread it through the thread guide. Pull the thread through the U-shaped guide.
What are the steps in threading the lower part of the sewing machine?
- Put the spool of thread on the spool pin.
- Bring the thread to the thread guide .
- Pull the thread between the metal disc of the tension.
- Bring the thread up to the thread take up lever and raise it as it goes.
- Pull the thread down to the thread guide.
- Pull it through the lower thread guide.
- Thread the needle.
Do you thread the bobbin through the needle?
Thread from the spool goes through the needle’s eye. Thread from the bobbin comes up through the needle plate.